Then and NowOver the course of the last year, we upgraded a client's Sitecore instance from 6.6 to 8.0 Update-2. I am pretty sure that we were probably the first in the country, if not the world, to get our client running on xDB Cloud.
There were definitely some bumps in the road, but things have been running pretty smoothly for us, and we have been starting to really see the benefits of the new experience platform.
Look Ma, No Conditions!It wasn't until recently, when we started developing some pretty fancy engagement plans, that we discovered a new issue - when trying to set rules on Engagement Plan conditions, the dialog was completely empty!
Detective Mode EnabledLars and I started digging around the tree, and we discovered a legacy Marketing Workflows folder living in the rules location: /sitecore/system/Settings/Rules.
Digging deeper, we discovered that the Engagement Plan Condition Rule's Source field was pointing to one of the Marketing Workflows folders located at /sitecore/system/Settings/Rules.
We knew that we were onto something here, so I checked the links of the legacy Marketing Workflows folder. Presto! I discovered that the Engagement Plan Condition Rule's Source field was linked to it.
Out With the Old, In With the NewAt this point, I decided to take an invasive approach by deleting the legacy folder. When I clicked the delete button, the Breaking Links dialog popped up. I selected "Link to another item" in the action options as shown below:
Next, I pointed the item that was linked to it to the proper Marketing Workflows folder:
Lift Off!After changing the link to point to the proper Marketing Workflows folder, and removing the old folder, the rule set editor dialog was working again:
Thanks to Lars for helping get this issue resolved.